As an AT&T broadband user, you have probably seen the AT&T broadband light blinking red and green on your router. If this is the case with you, this article is for you. We will help you understand the issue and provide some step-by-step instructions on how to resolve it.
The AT&T broadband light blinking red and green signals potential network issues. To fix this:
- Restart your router. Unplug it, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in.
- Check your cables. Make sure they are securely plugged in and not damaged.
- Factory reset your router. If the above steps don’t work, consider a factory reset. But remember, this erases personalized settings.
- Contact AT&T support. If the problem persists after all these steps, reach out to AT&T support for further assistance or to schedule a technician visit.
Why Is The AT&T Broadband Light Blinking Red And Green?
When the broadband light on your AT&T router blinks red and green alternately, it indicates a potential issue with your network connection.
When the light is blinking between these two colors, it may indicate:
- intermittent connection issues
- a weak or unstable broadband signal
- problems with the physical connection (such as the cable)
- issues with the router itself.
During this period, you might notice slow speeds, unstable connections, or an inability to connect to the internet.
4 Ways To Fix The AT&T Broadband Light Blinking Red And Green
When you know what is causing your AT&T router to blink red and green everything gets easier. Everything you need to do now is to start with the troubleshooting. Here are a few tried and tested solutions for this issue.
Restart Your Router
Sometimes, the simplest solutions can be the most effective. When the broadband light on your router blinks red and green, a simple restart is worth trying. This process clears the router’s cache memory eliminating any potential glitches that are causing the issue.
- First, unplug your router from the electrical outlet. Don’t just switch it off. Unplug it to make sure it’s entirely without power.
- Wait for about one to three minutes. This will allow the router to shut down completely and clear its memory.
- Plug your router back into the electrical outlet.
- Once your AT&T router starts back up (which might take a few minutes), check the broadband light. If the restart was successful, it should now be a solid green.
Check Your Cables
Physical connection issues can also be the cause of the AT&T broadband light blinking red and green. To make sure there aren’t any cable-related issues, check the following:
- Check all cables connected to your router. This includes the power cable, Ethernet cables, and the broadband cable. Make sure they are all securely plugged into the correct ports.
- Look for any visible signs of damage on the cables.
- If a cable seems loose, make sure to plug it securely into the router. If a cable appears to be damaged, replace it and then see whether the red and green blinking light is still present.
Factory Reset Your AT&T Router
If a simple restart doesn’t work and the cables look fine, you should consider resetting the router to factory default settings.
IMPORTANT: A factory reset will erase any personalized settings on your router.
- Find the small reset button on the back of your router. It is often hidden to prevent accidental resets, and you are going to need a paperclip or similar object to press it.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 15 seconds. The lights on your AT&T router will blink as it resets and restarts.
- After you release the reset button, give your router several minutes to complete the restart process.
- Once your router is back online, check the broadband light. If the reset was successful, it should now be a solid green.
Contact AT&T Support
If you have tried all these steps and the AT&T broadband light is still blinking red and green, it’s time to contact AT&T support. There is a chance that the issue is with your AT&T service, or that there is an issue with the router itself, or something else entirely.
To contact AT&T support you can give them a call or use their online chat support.
Explain the issue with the broadband light.
They will guide you through the fixing steps or schedule a tech visit if needed. Make sure to follow their instructions although you have probably performed some steps described in this article.
We are pretty sure that the issue will be solved with their help pretty quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your AT&T router should display a steady green light for power, broadband, and service. The Ethernet and Wi-Fi lights should blink green when data is being transferred.
If your AT&T router is working properly, you should see steady green lights for power, broadband, and service. Additionally, you should be able to connect to the internet without any issues.
The blinking red and green light on your AT&T broadband router is not just a colorful decoration – it’s a signal that there’s a problem you need to address. Try to fix the issue using the steps provided, and if that doesn’t work, contact AT&T support.
In the end, don’t be afraid to try the solutions from this article when you see your AT&T broadband light blinking red and green. The quicker you fix the issue, the sooner you will get your internet connection back.